Translate

Monday, June 23, 2014

Welcome to the Bad Girls Club

Good Morning Everyone,
I know I was supposed to work on clay this weekend but I have a number of excuses including the fact that it was so freakin hot upstairs and Rich Still hasn't given me the key to the studio so to keep busy I'll show you what I worked on but it's not finished..it's a little shelf for my Swap with Ruth this is a teaser..you'll see everything once its shipped off.

 I also finished up my Pole Barn, it's got a roof on it and the outside it complete except for the trim, I need to add the stalls for the cows (I only have one cow and she's painted like a zebra..WTF? )  so I've been bad this weekend..truthfully I do my best work during the week.. but getting back to the Barn  most barns aren't painted at all..some are coated with Ferrice Oxide which turns them red, while some are painted with a mixture of vinegar and steel wool rust which turns them brown or black *if you ever go to Va. or Tenn. you'll see them, they use them for  tabbacco storage and whiskey.(it also keeps the pests away).white barns are usually for Dairy farms..they represent cleanliness..*this started back in the 30's and 40's* white paint was cheap back then




so I painted mine to look like a Dairy Barn, I was thinking about black or brown but we live in Ohio there are tons of pole barns here (also Rich said if I painted it red he could sell it...so I painted it white :) ..hehehe) I think the roof may be a bit too light I might have to darken it we had a slate roof on our barn when I lived on the farm, I think I might have to darken it it bit ..so tell me what you think..dont hold back (cause I dont when I go to your blog..that little person that sits in your head and says "Hey dont do that!"  I think mine is on Vacation..Im doing a lot of bad things lately..I wonder if it's from the Change? or maybe Im a bad seed..just call me Rhoda ..hehehe)


so that's it, Im working on the swap this week and I know what Im doing *or making..* ..who knew being an Evil old Biddy would be so much fun :)


have a great week

Hugs
Marisa  

21 comments:

  1. I want to see how the shelf turns out. I was raised a city gal so I learned a little bit here. Rhoda! I shared the bad seed movie with my children. Now when we really are upset with someone who won't do what we want we say, "give me back my shoes!" lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe she was an evil little thing wasn't she :)

      Delete
  2. You know what happens to bad seeds --they get STRUCK BY LIGHTENING so bettah watch out, missy! I did not know about the color-coded barn thing: I have been schooled today! Your little dairy --or zebra??-- barn is adorable (what scale is it)? I think you should do a darker grey wash just to get that weathered look, but what do I know from barns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEK. ok I'll be good ,you're right I should do a darker wash but I have to finish up my clay food for the swap. it's supposed to be 1:12 scale but I'll double check to make sure...what if it's bigger than that?


      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  3. Like John I didn't know there was such thing as a barn code... ah, blogging is so educational... ;O) Your barn looks fantastic... I can't wait to see it with the zebra cow inside!!! And you're right about being a bad girl... that shelf is like a candybar in front of a child saying "Just one single lick!" *grumble*

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im going to be better this week :) I promise

      Hugs
      M.

      Delete
  4. I like your barn :) It looks like a fun project.
    XOXO
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, its just a little something to do while I watch TV (when I should be upstairs working on my clay)

      mybad
      M

      Delete
  5. I like your work, Marisa, and thanks for sharing about barn colors--I had no idea either! Sounds like you're having a little TOO much fun, girl! I said keep having fun, but I never thought you'd go this far! ;-) LOL xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im going to knock it off for a while...it's fun to terrorize the village and scare the towns folk but when they pull out the pitch forks and torches then you know you may have gone just a tad too far :)

      Hugs
      M :)

      Delete
  6. It looks so exciting all that you have going in. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your house.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's going to be an on going project :)

      Hugs
      M

      Delete
  7. Hi Marisa! That piano practice music that Rhoda played and that got on everyones nerves, is now in my head. thanks! :((
    That was such a good movie though and even with all of the remakes I still think the first one was the best! :))
    I like your barn and I agree with John that a light, thin wash of grey to tone down the white would look good and I would do the same for the roof to lessen the contrast. l look forward to seeing your painted cow in her new home. Why does Rich always sell off your work? For goodness sake, don't even think then of painting the barn red, that may hold him off and keep your barn at home.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi E
      Im going to do that..you're right it needs to be toned down then I'll work my way into the stall area. as for Rich OMG that's such a long storey just be happy that he's not interested in this.

      Hug
      M

      Delete
  8. Here in NY we have the red,white,brown and cedar plank barns, I love the look its so comforting to see them strewn about, kind of a snapshot of the past.

    The roof should have a bit more dark to it, that's what I see here kind of a peppered dark grey. Your barn is looking fantastic!
    Hugs~J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jane..Im going to do as you suggested :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Marisa! I also did not know about the color-coded barn thing, well, there must have been more bloggers, who didn't know this ;)! Therefore I love being in the blog world, cause I LOVE to learn :D!!
    I also used a mix of steel wool and vinegar on the shelves of my cellar in the canal house, it turned out great. I would love to see your shelves too....... And, a zebra who thinks she is a cow...I guess I must have missed something?? the last three days Blogspot gave me (and others) problems with my readers list :(!
    Lots of success with your swap ;)!!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogger gave me headaches too but today it looks like they finally fixed what was going wrong, we all complained a lot on the google forum https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/blogger/lTtsw3f92Zk/7k0hcw9FNGsJ

    vinegar and steelwool will keep the pest away they dont like it at all and I will show the cow ..I used her as a model for the building but she is way too small for 1:12 scale. we shall see what happens

    Hugs
    M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Sweetie, I am a bit late to the party.... Blogger reading list :(
    Still no key??? Shall I come over and kick his ass? ;p
    Well uhm... I agree with Rich! paint it red! and turn it into a Alpaca farm/barn! There so cute and wooly. Hug AM

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to laugh when you said Rich said he could sell it if you painted it red, so you painted it white! LOL!! Great barn..
    Thank you for visiting, and your kind words about Abby
    fondly,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your barn looks great! I like the colour! You have to look around for that key, don't wait for it, a bad girl like you should just take it ;) Hannah

    ReplyDelete