Translate

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Molly,......... You in danger girl!

Hi Guys,
LTNS but I've been busy working, I pushed the trailers to the side and built Rapunzels Tower, I scored some old Disney Princess dolls that needed some love so Im working on fairytale backdrops for them. it sort of helps me ease back into the trailers..so here is the tower I hope you like it.

 and this is the Disney Princess doll that I got at the thrift store..her hair was a god aweful mess (no wonder they gave her away..but a couple of boil perms and she's right as rain, her paint job looks ok but I dont have the correct dress for her...I dont think her new owner will mind)

so now that her tower is finished (it's not going to fit her it's just supposed to be behind the doll..Im going to make an easel and some paints for her so the scene will be of her painting and the tower will be in the background as you can see Rich has is the store already...the feed back has been pretty positive and Im sorry I havent been able to comment, my computer had a virus...I spent 4 hours with tech support today getting back on track (I was avoiding this for a few weeks because it's always a nightmare to get tech support)  thank you guys for responding and I will repond to all posts :) I'll show you more when Miss R is finished and  up at the store

Love
Marisa


 

18 comments:

  1. Awesome! This has to be the ultimate excitement. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, Ive been sitting here looking at these poor trailers and feeling so uninspired....then the dolls showed up..I think I may have over done it a bit with them but I got all the ones that I really wanted ( I think Im up to about 30 that I want to keep..Im probably one episode away from my own hoarders show)

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  2. I really like your tower idea! The video was a lot of fun. Really enjoyed it. NIce song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks I enjoyed it too, :)

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  3. Very cool! Can you show us more of the tower?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will show you more when I set it up. I only work at the store durning the weekends now (I had to get a job to pay the bills so I have my days free)

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  4. Hi Marisa! I like your Rapunzel Tower and it certainly stands out in the photos! I just saw the movie not that long ago and it was pretty good! My favorite is still Cinderella.
    I wonder if there is a smaller doll that would fit into the window of the Tower? It seems a shame not to have it occupied with hair cascading down the outside.
    Anyway, I am very glad that you are Back in the Saddle again, and thanks for the video. It Kinda reminds of a country version of the " When Harry met Sally" opening scene doesn't it? :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it's a quarter scale tower and I needed it a bit smaller to fit in the display behind the counter..what if I just put some blonde hair on the outside? like they did in the movie? we shall see

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  5. Hello Marisa,
    and I like the shingling. It looks beautifully aged.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Giac , it turned out pretty well for a quick project :)

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  6. Great to read from you again... fine that you finally got rid of those da*n viruses!!! And what a nice project you're working on - that Rapunzel tower is a gorgeous idea! I hope we get to see more of it soon.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will I work on the doll a little bit everyday I finished the stand for her and now I have to start on her paints for the rest of her scene :)

      Hugs
      M

      Delete
  7. Nice tower, Marisa! Sorry about your computer--hope it's all fixed now. LTNS, I'm looking forward to seeing more of you again. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I plan on being around a bit more now that winter is almost over :)

      Delete
  8. The tower looks great!! And I have always loved Disney dolls =) A great idea to give her a tower!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , I will post more photos when I finish

      Delete
  9. The tower is awesome! It's a great eye catcher to pull customers over. Fantastic thinking!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. your right, it's worked very well...I sold three of my restored barbies..actually two barbies and one brats doll along with a toy dog so I recouped a bit of my doll expense. I have some great ideas for what to do next...I'll share them later thanks for droppng by :)

    Hugs
    M

    ReplyDelete