Translate

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Welcome to the Toy Room

Hi Everyone, 
I just wanted to show you some photos of the finished Laundry Room Bottles and a few photos of the Toy room, the reason I made the bottles was to fill an empty space on the shelf of the Toy Room.  but with all the colors you dont even see them. oh well Im sure someone will notice them. take a peek below.
  



 This is the start of the toy room, I think I did a good job cleaning up because the kids love to destroy it, some parents dont monitor their children so I get a lot of things broken or missing (actually stolen) but it's retail so what can you do?  it's gonna happen and it happens all the time.  I hope you enjoy the tour :)




 Now at the back near the corner I put a few halloween costumes on the racks, then a few venders wanted to put things back there and now its full of clothes and there is a second rack of childrens clothes too cause it is a toy room.  I think I'll put a sign up asking parents not to let their children play with the toys unless they intend to buy them.  I hope it doesnt offend anyone but just last week someone broke a porcelain doll and just shoved it under one of the shelves.  again it's retail that's going to happen.

below I finished two Monster High dolls, Clawdeen Wolf and Abby Abominable, Abby was 1.00 in a bag with another doll...one boil perm and shes back to normal.  Clawdeen was found in the trash when one of the renters moved out across the street from the store (yes I dug through the trash because they threw away a doll house and I got it along with a few dolls)  so I fixed up Clawdeen with some spare body parts I got from Amazon there is a tutorial on line about painting them to match the doll with paint and mod podge but I've had her 3 years so I might just keep her..dunno yet..
they say that when a kids parents own a store like the one Rich does the kids get used to having things sold and if they want to keep something they hold on to it but a lot of things go thats how I felt about Monster High Dolls, if I cant have a pullip then barbie, bratz monster high were the next best thing but I've got too many of them now I have to sell off a lot. oh well..

Im working on a dollhouse again I'll let  you know how it turns out I have a few things to do before that, Rich wants me to make a space ship so Im doing that and then Im working on the Tower from the Disney Movie Tangled then the dollhouse. 

Lilly says Hi and Claudette gives you a smile (the cat and the dog)


Love
Marisa


16 comments:

  1. The mini scenes in the bottles are so magical. I can imagine someone waling by and realizing that there is so fantastic minis inside the bottle. Fabulous!
    Your store is full. It looks incredible! Great work!
    Have fun with your upcoming projects!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Im almost done with them but they need a little work. I'll share them later

    Hugs
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marisa! There sure are a lot of toys in the TOY ROOM, but everything looks well organized and clean!
    Getting parents to monitor their children is often difficult especially when the items are not brand new. Parents let their kids treat thrift/second hand merchandise with the idea that it doesn't matter if it gets broken, but as you say, that's retail.
    Meanwhile your laundry room vignettes are Very Sweet and I hope you sell LOTS!!!! :)
    Looking forward to seeing your new dollhouse too!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Elizabeth
      this is why I dont have a lot of free time, I spend it at the store (running the cash register) I hope I sell lots too I need to buy more stuff :)

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  4. Hello Marisa,
    Those laundry scenes are fantastic! well done. The shop looks wonderful! how much fun I would have!!!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Giac
      you'd have a lot of fun there, I like playing with things sometimes but most of the time Im busy watching out for rogue children. I had one little girl who pulled down all the cars and started playing in the middle of the store while her mom just watched. I shudder to think what that child does at home.

      Hugs
      Marisa :)

      Delete
  5. You've made a great job - with the laundry scenes but even more with the toy room that looks to me like a toy wonderland. But reading your comments about not behaved children and their not caring parents made me sad, it's incredible how indifferent and impolite people can be.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vow, so lovely mini scenes! The Toy Room is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever of you to make a toy room. It must be heaven for little children to visit. Must be a bit frustrating to watch a child making a mess while the mother just watches.
    I love your laundry scenes in the bottles.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet customers will be thrilled to see the little worlds you've created in the laundry bottles. Such a shame that people can't be respectful of the stuff you sell though. If I broke something, whether I wanted it or not, I would still pay for the damage :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Marisa - I enjoyed visiting your blog, and I'll definitely be back! The toy room is wonderful; I can't believe the variety of things on display. And yes, I did spot the bottles with the laundry scenes. Those must be so much fun to make. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  10. the mini-scees are charming !
    The toy store makes you want to go for a walk!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those tiny bottled laundry rooms are just magical :)
    I love the idea, your execution and creativity.
    I would spend in your toy room looooong hours :)
    have a great day
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would you believe that someone already tore the soap display out of one of the laundry rooms. I cant believe it. you put up signs and put things up high but they still do it. I give up thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Marisa, I've left you a comment, but it seems to be disappeard...how come??
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunnon Hun, all that was there were dollmino and then yours was there. maybe it didnt take. no worries though

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete