Translate

Monday, February 3, 2014

A Good News/Bad News scenario

Good Morning Everyone

as you know the midwest has been hit with cold artic blast with snow (a great time to work on mini's and drink hot chocolate) but not so fast...with that type of weather come frozen pipes that burst causing terrible damage.  *we dodged that bullet because Rich turned off the water to the laundry room, when we bought the house the idget (pronounced EEDDGITT) the so called plumber who owned it before us did all the plumbing work on it so our first winter was ...you guessed it burst pipes in the bathroom*

This year we were doing the happy dance because we didn't have burst pipes..but we were dancing too soon..yesterday I was going to do laundry and when Rich turned on the water to the laundry room it was like a geyser hit..water went everywhere..the cats took off for high ground..the dog was barking..I was screaming for Rich to turn off the water..it was a mess... so instead of calling to have it repaired we are going to have it moved to the inside wall along with the electrical and then have the room insulated, put down new lino..yadda yadda yadda

so between moping up water and drying the dog and taking things to the laundry mat (lucky for us it's right down town..the Amish go there during the winter *who are they fooling they take their stuff their all the time..dont tell the Bishop*  it's quite convieniant)

so between all that drama I worked a little bit on this






I got the tutorial from scarlet sails miniatures  it's pretty easy to do but since I was dealing with drama it's taken me a bit longer to finish it, I need to add the shingles and the window but it's coming along quite well and Im loving the scale..I might swap out the tree or add more to it..it's looking a bit sparce. 

so thats it I will post the finished product and then get on to my urban contest submission which I will have to show you too..have a great week


Hugs
Marisa and Baxter (who doesnt like the smell of glue or paint..thank goodness)


20 comments:

  1. LOL! I'm not laughing, really, but I'm glad you still have your sense of humour about it. So sorry the cats got wet, cats hate that! But working on minis does make the day better, doesn't it. You scene in a cup looks nice! A few flowers here and there might fill the space.
    X
    Véronique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's ok to laugh :) I figure that if I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck at all so it makes life interesting. I think a few more bushes and flowers will make me very happy

      Marisa :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sitting here totally shocked - the Amish do their washing in the wash salons? My, you can't trust anyone anymore... *grin* But enough of fooling around, I'm so sorry to hear about your geysir in the house... another case of bad luck, poor you. But I'm glad to see you're keeping up your good spirits and mood - your little teacup scene looks great.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha..the amish are just like us only they dont have electric lights..hopefully I can finish up my teacup tonight if there is no more drama..somedays it's just not worth it to get out of bed.

      Hugs
      Marisa :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Marisa, So sorry about the water--yuck! Good thing you have minis to calm things down a bit. And speaking of luck, it looks like yours is about to change for the better. Check your blogs, my friend! ;-) xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wooo hooo..finally some good luck! :)

      thank you Jennifer

      Delete
  4. Hi Marisa,
    What a pain...sorry about the geyser. I'm sure Baxter was confused...stay with you and get wet or run :O I'm sure it was a dilemma with how attached he is to you. I loke your teacup scene. Making minis always improves my mood too.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh He took off, and then started crying for me...Im sure he's traumatize by all this drama but he's got a short attention span..if I play with him he'll forget all about it :) *which means I cant work on mini's because he's getting all my attention*

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  5. Hi Marisa, when does that bad luck of yours go to someone else?? Oh my, it is awful: every time there is happening something 'bad' :(!! I really hope that you will get loads of good luck from right now!!!!
    I love this tuto I have seen it on Natalia's blog too, yours look great so far :D!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finally got some good luck..thank goodness I am sick of this dark cloud it needs to go away for good!

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
    2. It worked: I wished you luck and today you have, Marisa :D!!
      Hugs, Ilona

      Delete
  6. I love the teacup scene! That's so cute!! Sorry about your laundry disaster. But at least you get some new exciting laundry renovations out of it. LOL!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, Im collecting past issues of this old house magazines as we speak..Im talking storage and a new sink in this laundryroom and also a new color too!

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  7. In the first photo I couldn't figure out what the teacup was for-That's a neat idea. :)

    Sorry to hear about your pipes bursting-The arctic blast has been bursting water mains and gas lines around here, missed us though. I worry more about a flooded basement because the ice thinks it's fun to knock out the power sometimes.

    Is it bad that I cracked up a little about the cats making a run for higher ground?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no, I laughed a bit myself when it was over..I've never seen water go up that high

      :)
      Marisa

      Delete
  8. We are having the opposite problem here is Australia. Our hoses are bursting from the hot temperatures! We had 42 degree Celsius on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that's not good, I hope things cool down there :)

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  9. Hello Marisa,
    I am sorry about the bad luck with the pipes...it has been a really hard winter. I hope the damage was minimal.
    The cup scene is beautiful. Well done! I look forward to seeing your contest entry.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac
      I'm getting there with my contest entry I just want to finish up a few outside projects first, probably because Im scared to death about it but I'll do my best to get it done.

      thanks for your support
      Marisa

      Delete
  10. Oh when it rains it pours! I am sorry for your recent troubles but you have a good view on it ;)

    Waiting on contest shots ;)

    ReplyDelete