Translate

Monday, July 8, 2013

Marisa and AMC's The Walking Dead Marathon

Good Morning

Last Sunday Rich wanted to go to the Swap Meet a few towns over and I opted out to stay home
1. because it was hot outside and being around people when I'm hot and cranky isn't a good idea.
2. I found more boxes and I wanted to do more displays
3. what does this have to do with the walking dead? I'll get to that just hold on

When Rich drove off I fixed a little tea and toast for myself, pulled out my stuff and got to work..everytime a zombie showed up I'd run screaming to the kitchen *you can do a lot of housework running from zombies* then when the zombie was gone I'd go back to working on the boxes...oh I should mention that before I started watching TWD I went  to Elizabeth's blog where she showed an awesome wall aging tech.  thanks Elizabeth

so these are the boxes, they've been painted and ready to go (you can do a lot during the commercials)
 the strips are aged and ready to go
 I switched it up a little bit

 this is an experiment I cut a paper towel roll and flattened it out, stained it (paper doesnt stain very well) I used some of this for flooring
 I went a little nuts and use paint mixed with clear gesso but when it dried the back popped up on me so I have to weight it down
 this one turned out ok the wall paper was a little bright so I toned it down with a little stain mixed with clear gesso..it really looks aged
so that's it for now I have to add a few things like chairs, mops, broom and a bookshelf for my walking dead inspired displays

of course I'm traumatized by all this, you cant take a woman who's favorite movie is Madagascar 3 and throw her into TWD without damaging her *I had nightmares all night* I'll be ok..Rich is taking me to see Turbo

Love
Marisa

How about some Glitter and Hair Spray to brighten our day..Glitter makes everything better :)

18 comments:

  1. Hi Marisa,
    Interesting technique. the final effect looks very good...and very TWD.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Im going to be working on it all week so we'll see how it turns out :)

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  2. Your box looks great. I can't wait to see more. Lol TWD was awesome and I also hate zombies. Loved the video I went to see Rod last week live he was amazing and the last song he sang was "Da Ya think I'm Sexy" and yea I do : D
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I will post more as I go along. I like a lot of Rods songs but I never paid much attention to his videos I actually drove to his mansion in LA and hung out with some groupies who were stalking him *those girls are brain dead..cute but brain dead*..it was a big waste of time he wasn't there then the groupies got boring so I left

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  3. I use a similar technique to clean my house. Every time there is an ad I do a bit of cleaning. It's amazing how much you get done in short bursts. Indypoppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im going to try that :)

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  4. So watching TWD is a good reason and an even better excuse for running in the kitchen, huh? *teehee* But looks like it's best for being creative... your boxes look very promising.

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zombies are a great excuse to run to the kitchen..nobody likes them if they show up at a party the party's over :)

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  5. A little trauma help inspire I see ;P

    I love Twd..and anything animated by pixar, your mind will be fine ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im back to normal I watched the Croods :) and I like the TWD story line it's the Zombies that freak me out!

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  6. Interesting, I look forward to seen more. Maybe you should just see, Upstairs Downstairs.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your TWD project reminds me of when I was a kid and would make 'spooky houses.' I just love, love, LOVED making those! I tried watching TWD but I'm like you and have to turn the channel every time the zombies show up. God, this song (Rod Stewart) really sucks. (Sorry)! Are you planning to have zombie dolls in your boxes? That would be so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have zombie dolls but Im not a doll maker and Rod doesn't suck he's just being Rod.. ok he's a bit whiney but it was the 70s they were probably wacked out on drugs or something :)


      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  8. Love your use of the paper towel! Very clever! Also the vidoe chick....My lipstick never looks that good after 1 minute of putting it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine never looked that good either, I used to think it was cute to have glossy lips but it gets on everything!

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  9. Hi Marisa! I am not a zombie fan and I have never seen The Walking Dead, so I don't know what the effect is you are trying to achieve. However, if is old and weathered you have nailed it!
    I decided long ago not to put anything into my head that I don't want popping up again when I least expect it and that includes Zombies. I could only ever watch those kind of shows with my eyes shut and my fingers in my ears and singing 'LALALALA.......' through most of it anyway,so why bother? I'm like Wyrna and prefer 'Upstairs Downstairs' or an old MGM musical.
    Funny enough, I NEVER though that Rod Stewart was Sexy until he began singing the old American Standard Ballads; that was when I started thinking ..."Okay, maybe you are."

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool aging effect! I agree- you can get a lot done during commercials. LOL! Love reading your blog.
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete