Translate

Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday, Monday

Hi Guys

LTNS, Real life is taking it's toll on me but I'm fighting back..just in case you missed it Joann Swanson did a great tutorial for Halloween,  but being who I am (the woman who can't draw a straight line is dangerous with sharp objects)  I missed a page so my bookcase did not come out looking like hers (which is ok cause it's supposed to be spooky right and if I followed her exactly I wouldn't learn anything would I?)

so here it is, my bookcase and table , I even made some printie books but I think I'm going to add mini food to my Vignette instead of the black caldron thingy .. .. I dunno about cutting off the skeletons feet..that just seems cruel but I should put a dress on her...yea I know you wanna see:

these skeltons look like Rockettes doing high kicks..I didn't plan that they did it on their own, silly girls




well that's what mine looks like because:

I didnt have beads for the table legs (drive all the way to town in the middle of the night for beads..don't think so)   I used straws that I reinforced with toothpicks, also I used cardboard that i  had because driving all the way to town for matboard..really?  no

you can see all the books I made, there are more I just didn't show them some are from Joann some are from Jims ... I need to make the dress and hat for the skelly....I can't sew to save my life..maybe I can glue it? 

  Joann used a stone floor...Im using a wood floor  when you do these tutorials you can color outside the lines a bit (its still the same Vignette only it's my special one) I'll show what it looks like when it's finished, I'm liking this making furniture from stuff..it's awesome you should try it :)

have a great week and Happy Halloween

Love
Marisa :)

15 comments:

  1. Hell omarisa,
    I love the look of your furniture. It will be perfect in the roombox. The color will work very well. THe books are great and I like the floor! I can't wait to see it all come together...I think I could get my leg up that high only once, then I would never be able to walk again.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you'd probably never walk right again :)

      Hugs Back

      Marisa :)

      Delete
  2. I received a gift of six of these skeletons tied together with a string. I don't think I'll have use of so many but I know what I am going to do with the string. It will be nice to see your finished scene.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I'll post more photos later Im just so tired I was up all night thinking about this.


      Hugs Back
      Marisa :)

      Delete
  3. I love that you used what you had- it shows how much we can still do minis without having to buy more, more, more :) Great job on the furniture and I love all the books---looking forward to seeing your finished version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I get a lot of inspiration from your work..so if you got a few hits that's me taking a peek :)

      Delete
  4. I think you're da*n right to make it your own way with stuff you have at hand - your bookshelf looks great so far.

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your furniture looks great. I love your books. I am looking forward to seeing your finished project. Lol the skeletons look funny.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks plenty spooky to me :) Yes you can glue on clothes. I can't wait to see this finished.

    Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a chef's apron, I was losing so much sleep trying to figure out how to make a smock that I just made an apron

      oh well..next time I'll do more and I love how your figures are turning out, you're getting so much better at it..we're going to have to challenge each other to a figure making contest :)

      Love
      Marisa

      Delete
  7. Really nice work Marisa. I made a Halloween scene too and I'll post the picture on my blog. I really like your furniture and books. I glued clothes on the skeletons and it was easy. You can do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im going another way, I've figured out what I want to do and it hit me at 2:00 am in the morning..yes I'm just that obsessive. I'll post more photos later

    Love
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you are having a blast with the furniture! I am jealous of all your books! They take so long to make so few! have fun with your skelly ladies! -Ara ps. thanks for entering my give-away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM, it's fun to do but the books make my hands hurt so I'm going to slow down a bit :)

      thanks for the give away and the wonderful shutter tutorial I love it

      Love
      Marisa

      Delete