Translate

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Wednesday

I've been busy with my various projects but I wanted to let you know that my Book came today!

I debated with myself about buying it and my other self won out (I sort of sound like Sybil dont I?)   what happened was .....*I know bad things always start that way dont they but not this time*  I was reading blogs and posting like I do on my break at work (yea right) and I came to Creager Studios blog,  I love her artwork (who am I kidding I love her dolls) 

so when she said this was a great idea she wasn't kidding, I love my book and I've learned a few things too but it's like with most things..take what you need and leave the rest so I'm going to do that  (I am Marisa Stein ..I do that ..trust me when I tell you that I DO THAT) 

so I'm not going to run right out and make a doll but it's nice to know that I have the tools to do it if I so choose (who are I kidding I'm going to do this as soon as possible even though I've got like a zillion projects going and I can't even walk in my work space but I'm going to make a doll?  I've gone insane)


so thats it I just wanted to tell you about the book

have a wonderful Thursday

Love
Marisa :)

7 comments:

  1. Lol great post : D Cant wait to see your DOLLS.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you'll achieve it and will come back to see your dolls.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys but I do have a lot more projects to finish like my seafood challenge


    Love
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine that there will be many hours spent pouring over this book, and hopefully we'll see one of your very own creations that it inspires :)

    Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment on my blog, and for the link. That white roll top tub is really something! -- and I am tempted :)

    I did play around with a faux wood finish on the toilet seat in the beginning but I didn't like it and covered it up with the black, the cistern is now black also. As for the vanity, I've gone for a simple version of the lots of fancy ones that I saw when researching French bathrooms - thank God for Google and Pinterest. I saw quite a bit of matt black finish on tap units too which I quite like. Time will tell... :) Thanks again for your suggestions, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- that looks like a good book! I have to laugh because you sound a bit like me. I also have too many projects started at one time and then I see something new I want to make- happens to me all the time! At least you have a lovely reference when you are ready to tackle a doll. have a creative day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Norma and kim, Im going to post the photos of the palm trees I started, like I said too many projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry this comment is so late, I have been away. I am so glad you got the book Marisa, I was going to order it when I got back. Now I have to from your review. I want to make more dolls for my projects I am working on.

    Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete