Translate

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Cabin in the woods

 Hi Guys

Ive been working on a few things for the store, if you remember I made the Evil Dead Cabin last year and it was in the toy room for an entire year. I got used to seeing it there.  I came in every weekend to see the Evil Dead cabin with furniture in the toy room, it became a fixture....a warm comforting little demonic cabin that I built with blood sweat and mod podge.  Then Rich built a horror room with creepy skeltons and horror posters and I bought a few playsets that needed to go into the toy room so I moved the cabin over to Rich's side....big mistake.   It stayed there for a few weeks until he needed room for some board games because Corona hit and people were staying home...into the horror room went the cabin...3 days later it was sold.  I almost cried but thats the nature of this business if you want something take it home kids that are in this business learn that quick.  so now Im making 4 houses to go into the room..take a peek below





please excuse the clutter on my desk Lillys leash in the photo, I didnt think to clean before I shot the photos I was just excited that I made them I didnt think I could do that and it surprised me. I was a little scared of the bates mansion but I made it look even more menacing than in the hitchcock movie by putting the windows closer together. I remember the scene with Vera Miles walking up to the house and looking at it knowing it had a secret. Hitchcock was a wonderful Director


so thats it..I will post more when I get further along


Love 

Marisa 



2 comments:

  1. As sas it is to say bye to a project - but it's an enormous compliment that someone paid to take it home. ;O) And it even forced you to make four (!) new ones... great to see you so busy!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i agree, i made it too well but now its in a good demonic home

      Delete