Translate

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Dont try this at home, Im a trained professional

Hey Guys,
I finished up the teacup cottage, it took me a few days to do that I had a few things to attend too we have had another death in the family and things have gotten a bit nutty but that's what happens when you live in the boonies

as  you recall I was following a tutorial..well I had a bright idea that I didn't need all that stuff inside the teacup..(I found out that you actually do need it because it helps to bring the ground up to your teacup house..without it you have to put in steps which is what I had to do..it was  a pain in the buttocks dont do that follow the tutorial and you'll be fine)

here is my finished teacup house .
I think it's ok for the first teacup house that I've ever done, I do have another one to do for Rich this one is a gift for my friend who is losing her job (more stress..more drama..what else is new?)

and this is Baxter he climbed into the desk and pushed everything out of it ontro the floor see that red ribbon..it was all over the room, behind the desk and wrapped around the lamp?  howd he do that????

 and just to clean my head I did some food magnets  some of the movie food I from toni on youtube  I go there sometimes to unwind..I havent touched clay or made clay food since Bella passed away  and I figured it was time to do something while I watched tv instead of just sitting around


I'd forgotten that craft sand settles so the drinks will have to be touched up .
 
 
 
. that's about it..I'm going back to work on my cabin...it needs me..actually I need something to take my mind off this up coming funeral wish me luck or pray for me if that's your thing I need it
 
see you soon
 
Love
Marisa and Baxter (who likes red ribbon)
 
.
 

18 comments:

  1. Hi Marisa, That Baxter is just amazing, isn't he? Just like Houdini or something with that red string, huh? ;-) Your teacup house and mini food rock! Hope the funeral isn't too heavy. Take care! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jennifer, if I can just get through this week I'll be ok

      Hugs
      Marisa :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time at the moment. Sending you lots of positive vibes =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marisa! Your little teacup house looks really cute and I love the way that you have landscaped it and added the steps!. How dainty! I have also visited Toni Ellisons' movie food tutorial, and I think that you have done a good job of interpreting the various food items in making yours. I like the idea of the food magnets too.
    On another note, I am sorry to hear about your family's recent loss and certainly I will pray for you and your family members. How are you doing with recovering from your fall? I hope that you are mending steadily and will have no further set backs.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have creaks and jabs of pain once in a while but for the most part Im doing ok (it only hurts when I take a deep breath.. hehehe) I hope Im back to normal soon

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  4. Your tea cup cottage is so very wonderful. A really fun and brilliant idea. It's a good idea to be occupied with something, so your thoughts can be derived.

    I hope you soon receive your gift, it usually takes approx. 10-12 days to the U.S., so the package must soon be with you.

    I wish you lots of strength and sending many thoughts.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wryna, I will keep an eye out for it...it's the one bright spot in my day

      Hugs
      Marisa

      Delete
  5. Hi Marisa! I'm so sorry about your loss. And I will pray for you to have the strength you need to get through this.
    The teacup is marvelous! I think these tiny scenes are so adorable.
    Baxter is a funny one! I think he just wants to keep you smiling and cheered up a bit. He is so cute!
    I'm glad you are getting back into food. It's so fun to see tiny food.
    Take good care of yourself!
    big hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marisa,
    Love the teacup. It really looks great. I love Toni's videos too and you did a great job on the poly food. So does Baxter have little paws or hands? How did he wrap that ribbon? He certainly is a crafty (no pun intended) little guy. You are in my thoughts and prayers for the upcoming funeral. You are strong and will get through it.
    Hang in there,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your teacup house is wonderful, Marisa! Oh, that naughty and cute Baxter, you can't be mad on him for long, isn't it ;)? I think it is good to seek for some distraction, when you're not feeling well.
    I hope the funeral will not be too heavy!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your loss in the family - I'm wishing you loads of strength including the funeral. - Your teacup scene has become so lovely, I bet your friend will be over the moon. And Baxter - I must say he's able to do this "Who? Meeeeee?"-look in perfection... or should I say purrfection?

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  9. All my best to you and your loved ones in this recent loss ;(

    Keeping your mind on enjoyable things in between these hard times will be good for you ;)

    Hugs, js

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your teacup house! Very cute! And great food and drinks too!!
    And I'm both wishing you luck and will be praying for you!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  11. your cup of tea is very nice but I'm sad for your funeral (sorry if I do not speak English well). See you soon!
    Rosaria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marisa. I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you are better now....I love your miniature food and Toni on YouTube is great at making easy, fast miniature food. You teacup came out fantastic!! Very well done. You made it!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. sorry, Marisa, I meant for your loss, sorry. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Marisa,

    I just discovered your blog :-) The tea cup is lovely and your food looks yummy. Your furry "helper", Baxter is a cutie.

    I will catch up on your earlier posts when I get done with the shows…

    Cheers,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete